Cardiac Cath Lab – Registered Nurse (Div. 1) – Monash Health, Melbourne VIC
- Join our world renowned Cardiac Services located within Monash Medical Centre Clayton
- Outstanding career opportunity to make your mark and deliver exceptional Critical Care;
- Be part of an internationally recognised leader at the forefront in Cardiovascular Research; and
- A supportive, fast-paced and dynamic team dedicated to premier Cardiac Services.
About Monash Health
Monash Health provides integrated health care services available to over 1.3 million people, representing 32% of the population of greater Melbourne. Monash Children’s Hospital continues our tradition of providing outstanding patient and family centred care in a purpose-built paediatric facility, delivering clinical services in a child and family-friendly environment. We also deliver healthcare breakthroughs made possible via the Monash Health Translational Precinct
MonashHeart has pioneered many advanced cardiac catheterisation laboratory procedures to improve patient outcomes in Melbourne, Victoria, and Australia. Offering a wide spectrum of experience in cardiac diagnostic, interventional, structural heart and rhythm management procedures. We provide a supportive environment where all staff have access to advanced education and training. MonashHeart are internationally and nationally recognised leaders in cardiovascular research. The recent state government announcement of $470million in funding support for the Victorian Heart Hospital (VHH) is set to strengthen our global position in education, training and translational research, and offer a wide range of exciting opportunities for career progression and development into the future. As an Australian first the VHH will cement our position as world leaders in cardiac health care.
About the Role
We currently have positions for a Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse (permanent and 12 Month tenure available). This role will give you outstanding exposure to both critical care emergency, in-patient and elective procedures. Providing you with enviable exposure to specialised technologies and advanced techniques such as Percutaneous Aortic Valve replacements and other structural heart therapies, Intravascular Ultrasound, Fractional Flow Reserve, 3D Cardiac Mapping, Septal Ablation and Cardiac CT. You will also be part of International multi-centre clinical trials and have access to emerging technologies.
We operate 10 hour shifts Monday to Friday and some Saturdays as required (4 days per week). Our rostered shifts exclude public holidays, evenings and night shift with the exception of our 24/7 After Hours on-call emergency services 365 days per year.
- Genuinely passionate & highly committed to delivering critical care within a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Cardiac Interventional & CRM (scrub/scout), as well as pre/peri/post-procedure (anaesthetics/recovery) skills
- Caring, pro-active & engaging manner dedicated to exceptional cardiac critical care
- Willingness to learn & further develop skills with access to leading edge education and training
- Available for overtime and on-call Hours in the delivery of a high standard of patient care
- Previous experience or Postgraduate Certificate highly desirable however not essential (training & support provided)
What’s in it for you?
- A supportive learning environment should you wish to undertake Post-Graduate studies
- Avenues for Career Progression including Mentorship and Career guidance
- Educational support to further your Acute Clinical Skills and expand your knowledge base
In addition, as an employee of the largest public health organisation in Victoria, you will receive benefits such as Salary Packaging, access to onsite staff car parking and gym, uniform and Employee Assistance Program.
What you need
- Current AHPRA registration
- Valid Driver’s License and Car
- Live within 30mins proximity from Monash Medical Centre Clayton for OnCall emergencies
- Proven clinical experience
- Relevant working visa
- Relevant qualifications
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. Any offer of employment will be confirmed on the successful outcome of a Police Check and Working with Children’s Check. As part of our selection process, you may be invited by e-mail to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Apply Now as this is a truly an exciting time to join our world renowned Cath Lab at MonashHeart
Applications close 22/1/2018
Please note this role is re-advertised. If you have recently applied or interviewed with us over the last 3 months, a new application is not necessary