Cardiologist, Private Cardiology Practice, Newcastle, NSW
Beautiful Newcastle, Affordable Housing, Good Schools
An opportunity exists to join an established private cardiology practice, Newcastle Cardiology, based within a private hospital that has just been expanded and has a full suite of interventional cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery.
Newcastle Cardiology provides outpatient consulting, inpatient care, echocardiography, stress testing, stress echocardiography, event monitoring and ABPM service; another colleague is needed to assist with the expanding referrals.
The arrangement would suit a recently qualified FRACP Cardiologist, interested in learning the ropes of specialty practice. The consulting suites are new and all equipment is supplied. Income is tied to billing, and consulting hours are to be set by the successful applicant. Parking, secretarial support, billing, and transcription are all covered by the service fee.
- Ability to be registered as a medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, including advanced training and specialist recognition as a Cardiologist.
- Eligible for a Medicare Provider Number for the provision of specialist services
- Medical indemnity cover commensurate for the expected provision of services
- A commitment to professional, ethical and compassionate care.
- Specialised training in echocardiography or heart failure
Interventional cardiology experience is not necessary. The option exists to perform interventional cardiology within the private hospital once accredited by the medical advisory committee.
We invite suitably qualified applicants to contact Dr Worthington on 02 49419370, or email email@example.com.