Director of Cardiology, Senior Staff Specialist / Staff Specialist
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
Salary Range: $164,470 to $222,205 Per Annum (Pro Rata)
We are looking for a Senior Cardiologist and Respected Leader to join the Senior Medical Team at Calvary Public Hospital Bruce.
Calvary Public Hospital is the second major acute public hospital in the Australian Capital Territory, and is a Network Service Provider to the ACT Government.
Cardiology is one of numerous Specialist Services provided by Calvary Public Hospital. Emergency and chronic cardiology services are provided to patients in the Emergency Department, Ward, Coronary Care Unit and Outpatients Clinic settings. A contemporary Catheter Laboratory operates in the adjacent Calvary Private Hospital. Our Senior Cardiologist will guide our services and also work collaboratively with other public and private cardiology providers across the ACT to create and manage care partnerships across services.
Calvary Public Hospital operates around 300 beds and provides 24/7 service to the community through our Emergency Department that receives about 57,000 presentations each year. We will provide you with an excellent remuneration package, generous employment terms and conditions, the opportunity for development and training, and the professional and personal support of the dedicated and compassionate Calvary workforce covering clinical and non-clinical roles.
By the way, when you aren’t at work in Canberra there are heaps of things to keep you busy. Fabulous national attractions and institutions; plenty of entertainment; accessible sporting facilities and a great natural environment; great schools, unis and TAFEs; and family friendly travel times around the city. On our doorstep are the NSW Snowy Mountains and the magical and unspoilt NSW south coast, and we are just a 2.5 hour drive to Sydney.
If you can give us your innovation, leadership and direction, and you can contribute to our great working environment and nurture the growth of our enthusiastic and skillful medical and clinical teams, then we would like to hear from you.
Please submit your application online to Calvary Careers ( https://calvary.mercury.com.au/Default.aspx ), applications submitted via email will not be accepted.
For further information please contact; Dr Stuart Stapleton, Medical Director – Critical Care Clinical Stream, (02) 6201 6792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For selection documentation and further information about Calvary Public Hospital Bruce visit our website at www.calvary-act.com.au
Applications close 5 pm, Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time, 19th October 2017.
For further information about Calvary Public Hospital Bruce visit our website at www.calvary-act.com.au
Temporary Full Time (76 hrs p.f.) from 5 February 2018 for a period of up to 12 months
An exciting opportunity is currently available for Registrars or Principal House Officers (Cardiology) to join the Cardiac Services team at the Mackay Base Hospital within the Mackay Hospital and Health Service to participate in the provision, development and maintenance of an effective, efficient and equitable clinical service to hospital clients; and contribute to the continual improvement of medical education and dissemination of knowledge to staff and clients.
Salary & Remuneration
Remuneration value up to $140,231 p.a. comprising salary between $4,039.10 to $4,683.00 p.f. (L4-L9) or salary between $4,039.10 to $4,448.80 p.f. (L4-L7); employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%) and professional indemnity cover. Applications will remain current for the duration of the vacancy.
About Cardiology Department at Mackay Base Hospital:
- The Cardiology Department at Mackay Base Hospital provides full ranges of interventional, non-interventional and pacing services for the Mackay regional population of 190,000.
- The Cardiac Catheterisation Suite is a modern facility equipped with IVUS, OCT and FFR. 900 angiograms, 240 PCIs and 60 PPM insertions were performed last 12 months.
- The Cardiac Investigations Unit – equipped with 3 echo machines with 3D imaging capability. Approximately 2000 studies including transoesophageal echocardiography and stress echo are performed per year. Other services offered include Holters, Ambulatory BP monitoring, Stress Testing and Event Recorders.
- Cardiac surgical input is from The Townsville Hospital, with a weekly heart team conference.
- Onsite CTCA and cardiac MRI services.
- 8 bed dedicated CCU.
- Heart Failure/Titration Service.
- Weekly video-conference link to The Prince Charles Hospital education programs such as ECG morning run and Echo forum.
- Short stay unit for low risk chest pain admission.
- The Cardiology Department is staffed by 4.6 FTE Cardiologists; 1 x Cardiology Advanced Trainee; 4 x Registrars/Principal House Officers; 4 x Junior/Senior House Officers and 2 x Interns.
- Mandatory possession of a qualification from a registered tertiary institution in Medicine (i.e. Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), or equivalent) and registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia with a current annual practicing certificate
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and if applicable registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- Candidates must provide certified copies of requested proof of identify documents for the purposes of general Criminal history and National Police Certificate checks.
- Shift Workers: Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster.
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) Requirements: It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough).
- Existing staff that are engaged prior to 1 July 2016 are not subject to this condition of employment unless they apply for a role with VPD requirements that is with a different Queensland Health entity (i.e. one HHS to another HHS, Department to a HHS, or HHS to Department).
- Hepatitis B Vaccination: Health Care Workers in Queensland Health whose occupation poses a potential risk of exposure to blood or body fluids must be immunised against Hepatitis B according to the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Immunisation Handbook and the Queensland Health Infection Control Guidelines.
Applications close on Sunday 22 October 2017
Enquiries: Tina Mansell, Clinical Director Support Officer; Phone (07) 4885 7953
To apply visit the Smart Jobs website: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-MK253838
Great opportunity for Cardiologist to join busy well established Practice with excellent long term position in mind.
Would suit a Cardiologist interested in sessional work or who would like to continue as the principal to ‘take over’ the practice.
All non-invasive procedures are established and excellent administrative structure in place.
Successful applicant able to walk in and join two reputable Cardiologists.
Great work environment.
Contact: Peter Caspari Email Lucinda@heartdiagnostics.com.au
Cardiac Services at The Townsville Hospital is the tertiary cardiac referral unit for North Queensland. The department services a population of approximately 600,000 people and provides the full range of adult cardiac surgery and cardiology services (with the exception of transplants). We are currently seeking an Adult Interventional Cardiologist with training in Structural Heart Disease to join our team of existing Interventional Cardiologists, Echo & Imaging Cardiologists and Electrophysiologists for a 1 yr rotation.
- Possession of Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) qualifications (or equivalent).
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (Cardiologist or equivalent).
- Current registration as a Specialist Cardiologist with Medical Board of Australia.
- Heart Failure training consistent with Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand guidelines.
About the location
Townsville is a vibrant, dynamic city; it is the largest urban centre in Northern Australia and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. With over 300 days of sunshine a year and the perfect laid-back tropical/coastal lifestyle Townsville offers stunning natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle… Townsville offers families, couples and individuals a place to call home.
What’s on offer?
- 12 month rotation
- Total remuneration package value up to $390,711 p.a.
- Base salary range of $171,044 to $216,865 p.a. (L18-L27)
- Annual Recreational Leave accumulation with 17.5% loading when taken
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation of 12.75%
- Attraction and retention incentive allowance of 50% base annual salary
- Regional and rural attraction allowance of 5% base annual salary
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Professional development allowance and leave of 3.6 weeks p.a.
- Salary sacrificing options may be available
Enquiries to Raibhan Yadav, Director of Cardiology (07) 4433 3575.
Applications close on Monday, 27 September 2017.
To APPLY visit the Smart Jobs and Careers website: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV253650
Albury Wodonga Health (AWH) and St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) are calling for expressions of interest from Cardiologists for potential positions at the new Cardiac Services Unit, which includes the new Cardiac Catheter Laboratory (currently under construction) and Cardiac Consulting Suites. This is an opportunity to be part of the pioneer team of clinicians commissioning and growing the upcoming state-of-the-art facilities, and integrating interventional procedures into overall cardiac services. This exciting service planning will be done in collaboration between AWH and SVHM, and the diagnostic phase is anticipated to commence in mid 2018. This will complement the various specialties of services being offered to the growing communities in the region.
Candidates with the following background are encouraged to get in touch:
- Australian Citizenship or holder of visa with provisions for employment
- MBBS or equivalent
- Registrable with AHPRA
- FRACP or equivalent
- Completion of Advance training in cardiology or equivalent
- Extensive experience in coronary angiogram and percutaneous coronary interventions (>1000 PCI cases) are desirable
- Other attributes: energetic, highly motivated, excellent interpersonal communication skills, committed to providing quality health care experience, ongoing participation with continuing medical education and training of clinicians, ability and willingness to participate in on-call cardiology roster, commitment to professional development and willingness to participate in performance management programs.
Salary, conditions of employment or practicing contracts will be negotiated. Successful applicants will be required to:
- Complete appropriate joint credentialing requirements with Albury Wodonga Health and St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne.
- Complete prescribed orientation modules, which may include attachments at St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne.
- Provide evidence of vaccination prior to commencement (Category A Position).
AWH is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
For submission of your Expression of Interest or questions, please contact Dr Glenn Davies, Director of Medical Services on email@example.com or 02-60584533 by 5th October 2017. Please include your relevant experience and qualifications.
Expressions of interest are now open for a postdoctoral fellow within the Cardiovascular research program.
The postdoctoral research scholar will be focused on developing and translating therapeutic methodologies for the management and mitigation of cancer treatment-related cardiotoxicity, specifically LV remodelling. The research will be conducted in vitro by using model cell systems and in vivo with animal models.
The postdoctoral fellow is not only expected to apply existing technologies, but also investigate therapeutic mechanism for next generation therapeutic development. The research investigation will cover routine molecular biology, biochemistry, physiological and histological evaluations, but also cloning and genetically modified cell lines and animals.
The postdoctoral fellow will design and optimize research plans for the projects, develop new research techniques and protocols, analyze and prepare results for publications, present research at lab meetings, and prepare manuscripts for international conference presentations. Additional duties will include supervising and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
Doctoral degree from an accredited institution and appropriate experience and training within a selected area of specialization. Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Postdoctoral Fellow.
It is preferred that the candidate have experience with primary cell isolations and cloning/transfection. It is also preferred that the candidate have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience with animal work and surgery is an advantage.
The successful applicant will be appointed at Academic Level A* 1.0 FTE for a duration of two years, with the possibility of an extension.
Please send your CV and any position enquiries to:
A/Prof Doan Ngo – firstname.lastname@example.org
A/Prof Aaron Sverdlov – email@example.com
The EOI will close Friday 8th September 2017.
Macquarie University Health Sciences Centre (MQ Health) incorporates Macquarie University Hospital, Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital located on a University campus; the University’s newly created Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences; and Macquarie University Clinical Associates, a corporate entity created to engage clinicians in the tripartite scholarship of academic clinical practice, teaching and learning, and research and to deliver clinical services.
MQ Health builds on our aspiration to create integrated approaches to patient care, discovery and workforce preparation that are already well established within the United States, Europe and Asia. MQ Health brings together the excellent work of medical and allied health researchers across the University and around the country, with unparalleled access to the world-leading clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Macquarie University Clinical Associates (MUCA) is seeking an Unaccredited Cardiology Advanced Trainee to provide clinical services and contribute to the development of the MQ Health’s Cardiology service. This full-time position will primarily have the opportunity to experience Cardiology in a private hospital and outpatient clinic environment. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to educational activities with MQ Health. The cardiac services include:
- Transoesophageal echocardiography
- Cardiac CT
- 24 hour holter monitoring
- Stress testing
- Coronary angiography, stents and angioplasty
- Pacemaker implantation and monitoring
- Arrhythmia diagnosis and ablation
- Cardiac MRI
- Nuclear stress testing
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Transcatheter valve program
- Tilt table testing
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
Opportunities also exist for clinical research in the area.
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate the below requirements in your CV and a 1-2 page cover letter:
- Current General registration as a medical practitioner in Australia (or ability to obtain – including English language requirements).
- Demonstrated interest in Cardiology.
- Successful completion of FRACP – written and clinical examinations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the patients’ perspective and ability to communicate key information to the patient and carers.
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude for one or more of the following activities: supervision of students; or delivery of educational activities; or research.
- Demonstrated high level understanding of the discipline including major international trends, recent developments and improvements.
- A strong commitment to multidisciplinary approaches to clinical care and ability to work as part of a team.
For further details about the position and to apply, please visit http://jobs.mq.edu.au/ and search for the position under reference number 501099.
Note: This position requires a Working with Children Check Clearances for NSW and criminal record check. Qualification checks may also be required. This position requires you to comply with screening, assessment and vaccinations in line with NSW Health policy
Salary Package: An attractive salary package to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Appointment Type: full-time, fixed term for 12 months.
Role-Specific Enquiries: Dr Jason Kaplan at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic at email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 17th September 2017 at 11:55pm EST
Macquarie University Health Sciences Centre is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
Are you an experienced Cardiac Sonographer and want to live in tropical paradise? If so, this position is perfect! Heart Rx Cairns has a team of highly skilled Cardiologists and contemporary diagnostic equipment. We are looking for an additional experienced Sonographer to complement our existing staff in a busy private practice.
- Deliver specialist level echocardiography services including contrast and stress echocardiography within a team in accordance with prescribed professional and ethical standards using a high level of skill, knowledge and clinical experience.
- Apply professional judgement and problem solving skills to a complex caseload, adapting routine clinical practice based on valid and reliable evidence.
- Exercise independent judgement and problem solving skills in matters beyond routine day to day
- ASAR accredited
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong patient focus
- High level of attention to detail
- Salary package over $120K plus relocation expenses
- Modern equipment and facilities
- Highly skilled, on site Cardiologists
- Excellent support team
- Conference leave in addition to annual leave
- Perfect work-life balance – no traffic jams – live close to work
- Beautiful and warm tropical location
To apply, please email your resume with a cover letter outlying your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you, or do you know a Cardiologist looking for a sea-change?
Hobart Cardiology & Medical Specialists are looking for a Cardiologist (with or without a sub-specialty) to join our rooms. We offer an excellent standard of full practice management services, and can facilitate accreditation at Hobart Private Hospital. Our uniquely beautiful, purpose built rooms provide a zen-like ambience for both specialists and their patient’s wellbeing.
Hobart offers full city infrastructure without traffic and hassles. With a thriving cultural scene, Hobart is a foodie and arts mecca. For family life, there are several top-tier schools close to the city centre, a natural environment of true beauty and excellent sporting opportunities from sailing to hockey. Enjoy affordable, high quality housing just minutes from work and easy access to all amenities.
Contact Jenny Coombes, Business Manager on 0407247006 or Dr Michael Coombes, 0400993711, if you are considering a Hobart sea change or a change of local environment. Enquiries from all specialists would be welcomed and a family team would be accommodated easily in our multi-disciplinary practice.
Visit our website: hobartcardiology.com.au for more information.
GenesisCare is Australia’s largest provider of cardiology, radiation oncology, and sleep treatments.
With more than 1400 employees, GenesisCare provides essential health care services across more than 125 sites and clinics ranging from the major capital cities to regional and rural centres.
Due to the rapid expansion of our network, we are currently seeking an Electrophysiologist Cardiologist on a permanent basis in Melbourne, in a full-time or part-time capacity.
Your career goals will align with our vision of “Innovating HealthCare Transforming Lives” and you will personally contribute to the network’s ongoing success as a Cardiologist in a cohesive group practice environment.
As a Cardiologist at GenesisCare you will be offered the following:
- Work in group practice with nationally and internationally recognised clinical leaders
- Opportunity to develop sub-speciality interests and expertise by virtue of a true group practice model
- Work life balance; contributing in a collegiate group with structured holiday and on-call cover
- Guaranteed income plus performance incentives to build your practice
- Long term wealth creation opportunities through equity participation
- Ability to be registered as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority
- Fellowship of the Royal Australia College of Physicians including advanced training and specialist recognition as a cardiologist
- Eligible for an unrestricted Medicare Provider number for the provision of rebatable specialist services
We invite suitably qualified candidates to contact Runak Zaman, General Manager – Heart Care Victoria on +61 3 9418 2251 or email email@example.com