CSANZ-Boehringer Ingelheim Cardiovascular Research Innovation Grants
Call for Applications
Applications are now open for the CSANZ-Boehringer Ingelheim Cardiovascular Research Innovation Grants, exclusively supported by an unrestricted research grant from Boehringer Ingelheim. The grants aim to stimulate innovative and ground-breaking research in cardiovascular medicine by early career researchers.
Two grants of up to $50,000 each are available
Both interventional and observational studies (in animal models or in humans) within the following fields will be considered:
- Thromboembolic Disease (general)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Deep Vein Thrombosis / Pulmonary Embolism
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- Coronary Artery Disease and / or Peripheral Artery Disease
Applications seeking to investigate Non Vitamin K Oral Anticoagulants (NOACs) must include more than one NOAC.
Out-of-scope of the grants are:
- studies replicating findings of completed Phase IV or on-going large scale clinical trials (statistically powered)
- studies evaluating off-label indications/use of a study drug(s)
- studies under review/currently funded by any industry grants
Eligible applicants must be:
- no more than six years post-award of PhD or postgraduate qualification
- domiciled in Australia or New Zealand
- affiliated with an academic/scientific institution or national health care system
The research project must have publishable data/outcomes within 18 to 24 months from award.
All applications will be reviewed by the CSANZ Scientific Committee.
- Completed application form (click here to download)
- Two-page Current CV
- List of publications in the last six years
- 1500 word Research Project Outline
- Letter of support from Supervisor
- Clearance documents declared at Item 6 in the application form
APPLICATIONS CLOSE at 5pm AEST on 22 SEPTEMBER, 2017
For further information contact the CSANZ on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 2 9226 7900.