Affiliate Clinical Development Award (CDA)
Applications are called for the Clinical Development Award to enable Affiliate Members of the CSANZ to attend the 2017 CSANZ Annual Scientific Meeting in Perth, Western Australia, from 10 to 13 August 2017. The Awards are intended to further develop the successful candidate through an increase in their clinical knowledge and expertise, an increased awareness of research and evidence-based practice and will also allow the successful candidate to build on their professional network. In particular, this strategy addresses succession planning for leadership positions in cardiovascular practice, research, education and management. Candidates applying for a CDA are not required to have an abstract accepted for presentation at the ASM.
- The Awards are valued at $1,000 each to assist in defraying the costs of travel, accommodation etc with up to five being awarded.
- There will be up to three Awards to nursing and up to two to non-nursing applicants.
- Preference will be given on an equal basis to:
- first time applicants for a CDA;
- applicants who have not previously attended a CSANZ conference;
- Should the recipient of a CDA subsequently be awarded a CSANZ ASM Travelling Fellowship in the same year, the recipient may choose which award they wish to have, but are only entitled to one award.
- The applicant must have held CSANZ Affiliate Membership for at least 1 year and be currently financial.
- Working or studying in a clinical area of cardiology or cardiothoracic surgery or working in an area where there is a large caseload of patients with cardiac conditions.
- Applicants must reside outside of the State or Region in which the ASM is being held.
How to apply:
- Applicants should submit a one page document describing their interest in cardiovascular health and stating, with clear emphasis, the benefit to clinical practice / patients that attending the Conference will provide. For example, how it will add to the applicant’s knowledge base and career, how it will benefit their workplace and how the applicant can contribute to the CSANZ Affiliates;
- Applicants should include details of their clinical area of work or study, including patient caseload and patient cardiac conditions;
- Include the names of two referees with whom you have worked closely and who have been involved in your career development ie mentor, supervisor, manager;
- Successful candidates will be required to write a report for the On The Pulse newsletter;
- Applications should be emailed to the Honorary Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
5 June, 2017
Please note: if applicants have not received email confirmation of receipt of their application within 1 week of submission, they should email email@example.com