Travelling Fellowships – American College of Cardiology
Applications are called for the CSANZ Travelling Fellowships for travel grants to enable investigators to attend the 66th Annual Scientific Session of the American College of Cardiology to be held in Chicago, Illinois, from 17 – 19 March, 2017. The Fellowships are intended to provide an opportunity for investigators in the early stage of their research career, to present at a major international conference.
The conditions are:
- The Fellowships are valued at $3,000 each.
- At the time of application, applicants must be current financial FCSANZ, Associate or Affiliate Members of the Cardiac Society, with preference given to those attending their first meeting.
- The work must have emanated from Australia or New Zealand.
- Applicants must have an abstract accepted for presentation at the ACC meeting and must be the first or senior author of the accepted abstract. In some circumstances, consideration may be given to a co-first author or someone who has made a substantial contribution to the work (see item 5).
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter from the supervisor or Director of the laboratory or service from which the work has emanated, clearly detailing the specific contribution made by the applicant towards the work being presented.
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously been awarded CSANZ travelling scholarships.
- Conditions apply to successful applicants not domiciled in Australia or New Zealand.
- Late applications will NOT be considered.
Applications should be emailed to the Honorary Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org and must include:
a) copy of submitted abstract(s) and ACC notification of acceptance
b) brief curriculum vitae (maximum 1 page)
c) supporting letter from the supervisor or Director
13 January 2017
Please note: if applicants have not received email confirmation of receipt of their application within 1 week of submission, they should *contact the Secretariat at email@example.com immediately