Postgraduate Opportunities – Westmead Applied Research Centre, Sydney
Up to three full-time postgraduate scholarships opportunities exist within the Westmead Applied Research Centre, University of Sydney for suitably qualified candidates to undertake research studies leading to a PhD in the below possible area, but not limited to:
- Improving first responder cardiopulmonary resuscitation and addressing the problem of how to improve outcomes for patients that suffer an out of hospital cardiac arrest.
- Improving data-driven quality in primary care and improve effectiveness and efficiency of care for people living with heart disease and/or other chronic health conditions
- Exploring the issues and identifying solutions on the impact of domestic violence on physical health in Western Sydney
- Use of text messaging in chronic disease prevention and management around the world: global commonalities and local adaptations
- Integrating digital solutions into health services
- Implementing quality improvement programs to reduce hospital admissions for chronic health conditions
- Examining the interactions of socioeconomic disadvantage, geography, and gender in prevention and management of chronic disease
Those scholarships are open to domestic and international (tuition fees not covered) students. Commencing candidates must have formally applied for a place in the degree program (MPhil or PhD) by the closing dates. Applicants will not be awarded a scholarship unless an offer to study in the program is also made. The projects will be based at Westmead Applied Research Centre located within Westmead Hospital precinct.
Eligibility: Applicants must have completed an Honours and/or Masters Degree in Health and/or Social Sciences, or a medical specialist qualification. Domestic and International PhD candidates enrolled full time. Continuing full time candidates can also apply up until the third year of candidature.
Amount: This scholarship is valued at $28,000 per annum (tax exempt) up to 3 years, subject to satisfaction of annual progress review.
Application guide: http://sydney.edu.au/scholarships/research/faculty/medicine.shtml#SC2650
Contact Person for further information:
Caroline Wu, Research Administration Manager, Westmead Applied Research Centre,The University of Sydney, Research & Education Network, Westmead Hospital, Westmead NSW 2145 Phone: +61 2 8890 3125
Closing Date: 14 September 2018 at 11:59pm