Remote Cardiac Educator, Darwin, Northern Territory
- Dynamic practice scope
- Travel to remote and regional areas of the Northern Territory to provide cardiac education
- Ability to make a difference across primary health
Established in 1980, Healthy Living NT is the trading name of the Diabetes Association of the NT Inc. They are a charitable, independent, member based, organisation for people diagnosed with diabetes and related conditions. As a consumer based organisation, they are managed by a voluntary board and are committed to the wellbeing of all people diagnosed with diabetes, heart disease and related chronic conditions.
The Diabetes Association of the NT is a member of the Good Health Alliance NT (GHANT), a partnership of Northern Territory (NT) chronic disease non-government organisations.
Healthy Living NT is the Northern Territory (NT) agent for the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS), delivering these services as part of the national contract with the Commonwealth Government held by Diabetes Australia Ltd. Healthy Living NT also delivers diabetes education and cardiac rehabilitation services funded by the NT Government and Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN).
Healthy Living NT is committed to working for the interests of people diagnosed with diabetes, heart disease and related chronic conditions living in the NT and to the provision of high quality services to our members and clients.
In coordination with the cardiac education team (remote and urban staff), other members of the Darwin education team and the cardiac rehabilitation advisory committee:
- travel to remote and regional areas of the NT to provide cardiac education in coordination with other medical and allied health staff
- act as a resource person to other health professionals and to participate in educational programs for the community in regard to cardiac education and rehabilitation
- coordinate the development of educational resources appropriate for Darwin and the NT clients and health professionals.
- registered nurse with three years’ experience who has current national registration from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- recent relevant clinical experience that will ensure the provision of effective cardiac education
- demonstrated and well developed understanding of adult education learning principles, presentation skills, stages of behaviour change and work group principles
- demonstrated ability to participate in planning, implementing and evaluating health promotion and education programs
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively participate as a member of a small multidisciplinary team within a cross cultural environment
- demonstrated skills with computer applications and a commitment to using information technology for data collection, evaluation and resource development.
It is a requirement of employment with Healthy Living NT that all health professionals obtain satisfactory Police Criminal check and a Working with Children check (Ochre card) and a NT Driving License.
All applications are required to address the essential criteria attached and provide contact details of three referees with your CV.
For a confidential discussion about this excellent opportunity, contact Louise Keogh, Recruitment Coordinator:
t 08 8982 1070
Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) offers support and assistance to eligible allied health professionals who are relocating to the Northern Territory (NT) or moving within the NT to a greater remoteness area classification for the purposes of employment.
Location: The Top End
The Top End region is home to Darwin, Australia’s only tropical capital city. Darwin is arguably one of Australia’s most cosmopolitan cities with a population consisting of more than 60 nationalities. The greater Darwin area has a population of approximately 120,500 people. The city’s multicultural mix is highlighted by its many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets. There are plenty of activities to keep you entertained including the Deckchair Cinema, sailing, museums and shopping centres as well as being nearby Litchfield National Park for great camping and swimming. The region has a tropical climate with a distinctive dry and wet season.