Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist (Interventional Cardiologist) – The Townsville Hospital, QLD
Cardiac Services at The Townsville Hospital is the tertiary cardiac referral unit for North Queensland. The department services a population of approximately 600,000 people and provides the full range of adult cardiac surgery and cardiology services (with the exception of transplants). We are currently seeking an Adult Interventional Cardiologist with training in Structural Heart Disease to join our team of existing Interventional Cardiologists, Echo & Imaging Cardiologists and Electrophysiologists for a 1 yr rotation.
- Possession of Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) qualifications (or equivalent).
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (Cardiologist or equivalent).
- Current registration as a Specialist Cardiologist with Medical Board of Australia.
- Heart Failure training consistent with Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand guidelines.
About the location
Townsville is a vibrant, dynamic city; it is the largest urban centre in Northern Australia and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. With over 300 days of sunshine a year and the perfect laid-back tropical/coastal lifestyle Townsville offers stunning natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle… Townsville offers families, couples and individuals a place to call home.
What’s on offer?
- 12 month rotation
- Total remuneration package value up to $390,711 p.a.
- Base salary range of $171,044 to $216,865 p.a. (L18-L27)
- Annual Recreational Leave accumulation with 17.5% loading when taken
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation of 12.75%
- Attraction and retention incentive allowance of 50% base annual salary
- Regional and rural attraction allowance of 5% base annual salary
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Professional development allowance and leave of 3.6 weeks p.a.
- Salary sacrificing options may be available
Enquiries to Raibhan Yadav, Director of Cardiology (07) 4433 3575.
Applications close on Monday, 27 September 2017.
To APPLY visit the Smart Jobs and Careers website: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV253650