Unaccredited Cardiology Advanced Trainee – MQ Health, NSW
Macquarie University Health Sciences Centre (MQ Health) incorporates Macquarie University Hospital, Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital located on a University campus; the University’s newly created Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences; and Macquarie University Clinical Associates, a corporate entity created to engage clinicians in the tripartite scholarship of academic clinical practice, teaching and learning, and research and to deliver clinical services.
MQ Health builds on our aspiration to create integrated approaches to patient care, discovery and workforce preparation that are already well established within the United States, Europe and Asia. MQ Health brings together the excellent work of medical and allied health researchers across the University and around the country, with unparalleled access to the world-leading clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Macquarie University Clinical Associates (MUCA) is seeking an Unaccredited Cardiology Advanced Trainee to provide clinical services and contribute to the development of the MQ Health’s Cardiology service. This full-time position will primarily have the opportunity to experience Cardiology in a private hospital and outpatient clinic environment. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to educational activities with MQ Health. The cardiac services include:
- Transoesophageal echocardiography
- Cardiac CT
- 24 hour holter monitoring
- Stress testing
- Coronary angiography, stents and angioplasty
- Pacemaker implantation and monitoring
- Arrhythmia diagnosis and ablation
- Cardiac MRI
- Nuclear stress testing
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Transcatheter valve program
- Tilt table testing
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
Opportunities also exist for clinical research in the area.
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate the below requirements in your CV and a 1-2 page cover letter:
- Current General registration as a medical practitioner in Australia (or ability to obtain – including English language requirements).
- Demonstrated interest in Cardiology.
- Successful completion of FRACP – written and clinical examinations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the patients’ perspective and ability to communicate key information to the patient and carers.
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude for one or more of the following activities: supervision of students; or delivery of educational activities; or research.
- Demonstrated high level understanding of the discipline including major international trends, recent developments and improvements.
- A strong commitment to multidisciplinary approaches to clinical care and ability to work as part of a team.
For further details about the position and to apply, please visit http://jobs.mq.edu.au/ and search for the position under reference number 501099.
Note: This position requires a Working with Children Check Clearances for NSW and criminal record check. Qualification checks may also be required. This position requires you to comply with screening, assessment and vaccinations in line with NSW Health policy
Salary Package: An attractive salary package to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Appointment Type: full-time, fixed term for 12 months.
Role-Specific Enquiries: Dr Jason Kaplan at email@example.com
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 17th September 2017 at 11:55pm EST
Macquarie University Health Sciences Centre is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.