Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship for 2020, VIC
Position Title: Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship
Fellowship status: 2 to 3 years
Location: Austin Health, VIC
About the Role
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellow to join Austin Health’s Cardiology Department in 2020. This Fellowship is for 2-3 years in length.
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
The Cardiology Department is responsible for the provision of an extensive range of cardiac services to inpatients and outpatients including general cardiology, echocardiography, cardiac catheterisation and interventional procedures and non-invasive diagnostic procedures.
- The Austin EP Unit is a busy referral unit and has a large workload in the area of catheter ablation of supraventricular tachycardia, atrial flutter, atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia. We perform a large number of device implantations including pacemakers, defibrillators, and cardiac resynchronisation therapy.
- The successful applicant will undergo training in clinical electrophysiology in the EP laboratory, participate in ward consultations, attend the arrhythmia outpatient clinic, clinical unit meetings and cardiac genetics meeting.
- Preference will be given to applicants open to pursuing a combined clinical and research EP Fellowship, for either 2 or 3 years, in the form of a DMedSci or PhD.
- To be successful in this role, applicants must have completed core training in Cardiology.
Applications close: 26th July 2019
Apply via the Austin Health website here
Once on this site Click on ‘Apply Now’ and complete the registration process as prompted.
Please note: You will be required to attach copies of the following to your online application:
- Cover letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Employment History Datasheet (upload as Selection Criteria Response)
- Fellowship Certificate (where applicable)
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org