2020 Ralph Reader Prize
The Ralph Reader Prize was originally the Young Investigators Award and was first presented in 1980. It was named after Dr Ralph Reader as a tribute to his encouragement of young investigators during his time as Medical Director of the National Heart Foundation from 1961-70 and as Director and Chief Executive from 1970 until his retirement in 1980.
The Ralph Reader Prize remains the most prestigious research award to young investigators by the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ).
Three finalists will be selected in each section, Clinical and Basic Science, to present their work in the Ralph Reader prize session at the 2020 CSANZ Annual Scientific Meeting to be held in Gold Coast, Queensland from 13-16 August, 2020.
Click here to read the 2020 Ralph Reader Prize guidelines
- must still be in training and can be advanced trainees, undergraduates, medical students, PhD students or research students including nurses, scientists and allied health professionals up to the level of postdoctoral fellow; in cardiology or cardiac surgery.
- must be domiciled in Australia or New Zealand.
- must be a Member of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand or have submitted an application for membership by the submission deadline.
- Post-doctoral applicants must be no more than six years-post award of PhD.
Submissions must include:
- Full manuscript up to 5,000 words including references and up to 5 figures/tables
- Statement that the work is the submitting author’s single best work (download here)
- Detailed letter from supervisor or Director of the laboratory or service from which the work has emanated (refer to the prize guidelines for what information is to be included in the letter)
Submissions for the 2020 Ralph Reader Prize must be forwarded to the CSANZ Secretariat email@example.com by 6pm AEDT on Monday, 16 March, 2020