Position: Cardiac Physiologist – Medical Outpatients Department (2.0FTE)
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It’s about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
About the role
Achieving the best health outcomes for our patients starts with expecting the best from ourselves, and right now Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is looking for experienced and motivated Cardiac Physiologists to join our Medical Outpatient’s Department at the Whangarei Hospital. This is for two full time, permanent positions working 40 hours per week. The Cardiac Physiologist is an allied health, scientific and technical professional who has formally demonstrated an ability to apply expert clinical competence to a highly advanced level of complexity in a defined clinical area within the clinical physiology scope of practice.
This role will:
- Provide specialist clinical practice within the nominated area
- Participate in the development / ongoing review of local pathways, protocols and guidelines within the area of practice
- Provide clinical teaching and support to all relevant stakeholders, including patients and their whanau, students, staff and other health professionals
- Evaluate service requirements and participate in the implementation of clinical research and audits
- BSc in Clinical Physiology or equivalent
- Recognised Post Graduate Qualification (IBHRE)
- At least six years post-graduate experience
- CPRB (and/or international equivalent) Registration with current practicing certificate
- Current Driver’s License
- Willingness to travel
- Attractive salary range $90,534 – $94,266
- Relocation allowance available
- Make a difference to Northland by providing a much-needed service to the community through travelling clinics.
- Be a part of a friendly and supportive team environment
Become part of a rapidly developing Cardiology service in a beautiful part of the country offering work, rest and play all in one package.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First – People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect – We treat others as they would like to be treated\
Manaaki Caring – We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication – We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence – Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH22-399
Closes: 5 April 2023