Cardiac Sonographer/Cardiac Physiologist – Hastings, NZ
Position Title: Cardiac Sonographer/Cardiac Physiologist
Employment Status: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Hawke’s Bay Hospital
The Cardiac Ultrasound Department at Hawke’s Bay Hospital is inviting applications from qualified Cardiac Sonographers or Cardiac Physiologists to join our busy team based in Hastings.
The Cardiac Services at Hawke’s Bay DHB provide a variety of invasive and non-invasive cardiac procedures to the local population of more than 165,000 Hawke’s Bay residents, both urban and rural. Our department is well equipped and performs over 3,000 scans per annum, including 4D Echocardiography.
If successful, you’ll see yourself performing and reporting on transthoracic cardiac ultrasound examinations and assisting with transoesophageal and other echo supported procedures. You’ll serve both the inpatient and outpatient areas, acute needs in ED, ICU and theatre, and assist in other diagnostic areas when required. We also currently provide satellite echo clinics in Wairoa, one of our rural communities.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- At least two years experience
- Be registered as a sonographer with the New Zealand Medical Radiation Technologist Board (MRTB) http://www.mrtboard.orq.nz with a current practicing certificate; OR
- Have an appropriate qualification for cardiac sonography acceptable for registration as a sonographer with the New Zealand MRTB; OR
- Be a qualified Cardiac Physiologist who is currently registered, with the Clinical Physiologists Registration Board NZ (CPRB) www.cprb.org.nz with a cardiac scope in Echocardiology
- Paediatric and Congenital echocardiography experience would be an asset!
We encourage a workforce that is innovative, eager to acquire knowledge and enhance skills, and is compassionate in caring for our community. As part of our team we’ll support, encourage and help you to develop your career with us. Our salaries are very competitive!
We’re are proud of our team’s diversity. We believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve.
Please view the position profiles for more information or contact Chris Carrington on +64 6 8788109 ext. 4727 to discuss your next role with the Hawke’s Bay DHB!
To make an application and view the position profile, please click onto this link here.
Closing date: 25 August 2019