Position: Cardiac Sonographer
About the role
This role represents a unique partnership and employment opportunity for an experienced Cardiac Sonographer working across two sites – Calvary Cardiac Centre and Hobart Heart Centre (0.5 FTE at each facility).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform echocardiographic studies of the highest standard on both inpatients and outpatients
- Liaise with other Sonographers and Cardiologists, as necessary on the findings of each study and produce a preliminary report of findings for the requesting physicians and final confirmation by the interpreting physician
- Attendance at meetings and training courses as required
- Be consistently aware of and compliant with OHS requirements
- Detection and reporting of equipment malfunction or suboptimal performance when applicable
What you bring
- ASAR registration as a Sonographer
- Demonstrated experience in cardiac ultrasound (Echocardiography)
- Completion of Graduate Diploma in Cardiac Ultrasound
- High level interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to interpret findings and make decisions about additional imaging as required during the course of each exam as well as to recognise and communicate significant findings as required
We are a leading provider of quality, integrated care that puts our patients, residents and clients at the centre of everything we do. Calvary offers flexible careers in clinical, allied health, hospitality, ICT and health administration, mission, leadership, management and more. Founded in Australia in 1885, we’re one of the largest providers of health, aged and community care with over 18,000 staff and volunteers, 14 Public and Private Hospitals, 72 Residential Care and Retirement Communities and 19 Community Care Centres.
About Hobart Heart Centre
All their specialists regularly attend Australian and international meetings to ensure that they stay at the cutting edge of best practice medicine. The specialists have a broad range of experience and have undergone extensive subspecialty training to cover the breadth of cardiovascular illness. Hobart Heart Centre have close links to many large hospitals and academic institutions on the mainland to allow their complex care patients easy access the most highly specialised care when needed. All doctors participate in the education of Cardiology trainees as well as medical students from the University of Tasmania.
For more information on the opportunity, please visit the link