Position : Cardiac Sonographer
From Whangarei to Dargaville or the Bay of Islands to Kaitaia, there’s nothing routine about working in Northland. Providing healthcare in such a natural and rugged environment provides everyday challenges – but that’s what makes a career here so special. And, we’re lucky enough to enjoy everything this action-packed region has to offer at the end of the day.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
About the role
If you’re looking for the right opportunity to create positive, healthy change, then we’re looking for you. Right now, we have opportunities for two Cardiac Sonographers to join our general recruitment team at the Whangarei Hospital in a permanent 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week position.
The primary function of this position is
- To perform timely and appropriate echocardiograms
- To ensure that all Echoes of concern are escalated to and reviewed by the Cardiologists in a timely manner.
- To participate in and maintain a comprehensive, high quality, efficient Cardiac Echocardiography service for Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau. (This will include travel to peripheral hospitals).
- To be an autonomous practitioner capable of high-level and accurate reporting of Echo studies.
- Ideally to be capable of both adult and paediatric studies and to have experience in transoesophageal echocardiography and stress echocardiography.
- To participate in and lead the ongoing education and development of other members of the team
- To participate in and be an effective team member of the Medical Service.
- Maintain professional standards
- To maintain the equipment, records, daily work plan and the general tidiness of the echo examination area
- engage in regular review and professional development
Key requirements to be successful
- A recognised/accredited academic qualification
- NZ recognised professional registration
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of cardiac sonography
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary team
- Willingness to travel
- Current driving license
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Relocation allowance available
- Working in the beautiful Northland provides the opportunity to enjoy a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First – People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect – We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring – We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication – We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence – Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH23-002