Position: Cardiac Sonographer
Professional Lead Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
0.8FTE (64 hours per fortnight) – Fulltime by negotiation
Permanent Position – Monday to Friday
- Are you a suitably qualified and experienced Cardiac Sonographer looking to be part of a highly skilled and supportive Cardiology and Respiratory Department team?
- Do you have proven leadership skills and/or a desire to develop these skills further?
- Do you want to work for an employer known for their focus on employee wellness?
- Would you like to work with a passionate and innovative team?
- Come join us in Taranaki
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click this link Taranaki – Like no other » Taranaki, New Zealand to read more information about Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
About the Role
The cardiology and respiratory department provides a wide range of services including the following: Diagnostic Coronary Angiography, Echocardiography (Adult and Paeds) – TTE and TOE, Holter monitoring, Respiratory diagnostics, Exercise tolerance testing, Chemical and physical perfusion scans and Pacemaker/ICD monitoring and management.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the latest model GE: E95 Echo Machines and reporting software. These machines provide 3D and strain capability for both TTE and TOE.
- Provide professional leadership to Cardiac Sonographers as well Cardiac and Respiratory Physiologists.
- Join a team of highly skilled professionals who aim to ensure efficient service delivery and provide a patient focused service.
- Maintain, identify and pursue opportunities for developing new knowledge and skills.
- Strive to eliminate health inequalities and achieve health equity for the Taranaki population.
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Registration with the Clinical Physiologists Registry Board as a Clinical Physiologist with Cardiac Scope and have a current APC.
- Be registered with the Society of Cardiopulmonary Technology Registration Board (CPRB) in NZ or in the process of registering.
- Alternatively, to the CPRB, can be registered with the Medical Radiation Technologists Board (MRTB) with a scope of practice being Cardiac Ultrasound.
- Formal training in Echocardiography, e.g. DMU (Cardiac, Part 2), PGDCU (QUT), BSE.
- Significant Clinical Sonography experience.
- The ability to provide echo guidance for pericardial taps.
- The ability to provide a high standard of professional leadership.
- The ability to train other staff in all aspects of echocardiography.
- The ability to independently comment on echocardiograms performed, accurately describing and analysing the scan content.
- The drive to be an active team member, contributing to department key performance indicators.
Please click here to view the job description.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here: https://adhbrac.taleo.net/careersection/.tar_ext/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=TAR04293
For further information please contact Nicky Lumb, Clinical Nurse Manager – Cardiology and Respiratory, on 027 265 3287 or via email Nicky.Lumb@tdhb.org.nz.
Applications close 4th September 2022.