Cardiologist – Townsville, Qld
Title: Staff Specialist (Outreach – Clinical Cardiology and Cardiac Imaging)
Location: Townsville Hospital and Health Service, Townsville, Qld – Cardiac Care
About the role
Cardiac Care @ The Townsville Hospital is the tertiary cardiac referral unit for the North Queensland region; servicing a population of approximately 600,000 people. Part of the overall Surgical Service Group, a full range of adult cardiac surgery and cardiology services (except for transplants) are provided; including a Cardiac Catheterisation Suite, Cardiac Investigations Unit, approx. 500 Cardiothoracic surgical cases per year, Inpatient ward, ICU, Coronary Care Unit, Chest Pain Assessment Unit, Heart Failure Service, and Outreach Clinics to Mt Isa, Ingham, Charters Towers, Ayr and Palm Island.
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service is partnering with the North West Hospital and Health Service to increase cardiology services across the region and this outreach role will play a pivotal part in ensuring better health outcomes for patients within North Queensland.
This role will provide high quality Clinical Cardiology, Echocardiography including Transoesophageal Echocardiography, 3D Echocardiography, Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography, Cardiac CT and Cardiac MRI services within the Townsville Hospital and Health Service and other locations within the network.
What’s on offer
- Permanent part-time role, 40 hours per fortnight
- Base salary range between $86.10 to $109.16 p.h. (L18-L27)
- Annual Recreational Leave accumulation with 17.5% loading when taken
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation of 12.75%
- Attraction and retention incentive allowance of 50% base annual salary
- Regional and rural attraction allowance of 5% base annual salary
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Professional development allowance and leave of 3.6 weeks p.a.
Plus we can offer substantial tax savings through salary packaging options.
Required skills and experience
- Possession of Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) qualifications (or equivalent)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (Cardiac, CT/Cardiac, MRI)
- Current registration as a Specialist Cardiologist with Medical Board of Australia
- Advanced clinical experience in Cardiology, expertise in echocardiography including transthoracic echo, Transesophageal echo, Stress echocardiography and 3D Echocardiography
For further details, click here.
Enquiries to: Dr Soniah Moloi, A/Director of Cardiology, (07) 4433 3575.
Applications close: Monday, 13th January 2020.