Position: Charge Sonographer – Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, New Zealand
Location: Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley
Service: Cardiology Service – Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley
Contract: APEX MECA
Salary: $130,517 per annum
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
This role is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective provision and development of cardiac sonography services at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley. It is situated within the Cardiology Department and is an integral member of the Multi-disciplinary Senior Clinical Team. The Charge Sonographer is the Clinical and Operational leader of the Cardiac Sonography team and as such will manage day-to-day operations, give direction and support to Cardiac Sonographers and trainees, facilitate continuing professional development and student training, reporting, and quality improvement/assurance activities for the development of the service or team.
Mō tō mātou rōpū – About our team
Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley’s Cardiology Service provides secondary and tertiary care for patients with cardiac health problems. Patients treated by the department on a secondary level are domiciled in the Wellington Region, Porirua basin and Kāpiti Coast and Hutt Valley.
Tertiary referrals are accepted from the Hutt Valley, Palmerston North, Mid Central, Wairarapa, Whanganui, Hawkes Bay and Nelson-Marlborough districts. All modern cardiac services are represented – except cardiac transplantation and complex paediatri c procedures.
Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley’s Cardiology Service includes wards, specialist outpatient clinics at Wellington, Hutt Valley, Kenepuru, Kāpiti, Wairarapa and Whanganui hospitals, a cardiac rehabilitation service and a range of diagnostic monitoring services.
Day cases are managed in the Interventional Recovery Ward, adjacent to the cardiac catheter suite.
The cardiac procedure suite comprises of three catheter laboratories where a range of diagnostic and therapeutic activities are performed including:
- Cardiac catheterisation
- Coronary angiography and angioplasty
- OCI, IVUS, FFR
- Complex PCI/CTO
- Temporary and permanent pacemakers
- ICD and CRT implantation
- Interventional Electrophysiology
- Structural Heart Disease interventions including TAVI, PFO, ASD and LAAC
We also offer a broad range of diagnostic imaging including:
- Echocardiography including contract, 3D and stress echocardiography
- Transoesophageal echocardiography
- Cardiac MRI (1.5 and 3.0T)
- Cardiac CT
The Cardiology Department has strong associations with the on-site Wellington School of Medicine/University of Otago.
Moū – About you
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years post registration experience as a Cardiac Sonographer
- Wide range of experience and expertise in Cardiac Sonography
- Experience in peer-teaching, mentoring and assessment
- Experience in professional leadership and operational management
- Proficiency in use of computer/ teaching technologies e.g. Word, Power Point, Xcel, teaching equipment e.g. data shows, projectors
Essential Professional Qualifications / Accreditations / Registrations:
- Attained DMU or QUT or other MRTB recognised Cardiac Sonographer qualification
- Registered with MRTB as a Sonographer (cardiac) and maintains an APC.
- Holds a current advanced Resuscitation certificate
- Holds or willing to complete a post graduate qualification
E pā ana ki a tatou – About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Capital and Coast DHB
Hutt Valley DHB
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service
Me pēhea te tuku tono – How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email [email protected] and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed