Editorial Manager, Heart Lung and Circulation – Part-time 0.6FTE
- High level of accountability and autonomy within a small collaborative team
- Part-time permanent role with flexible working arrangements (remote work)
- Instrumental role supporting the successful publication of the ‘Heart, Lung & Circulation journal’
An exciting opportunity for a talented and driven Editorial Manager to join Heart Lung and Circulation, the journal of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ) and the Australian and New Zealand Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons (ANZSCTS). The Journal is a flagship activity of both societies. Heart, Lung and Circulation accepts original articles, current reviews, brief communications, and letters to the Editor, concerned with clinical practice and research in all fields of cardiovascular disease.
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, Heart, Lung and Circulation, the Editorial Manager is responsible for managing the submission and on-line review of submitted papers in a timely manner. This includes ensuring deadlines are met; to process, edit and proof-read manuscripts through the editorial system, supporting and working collaboratively with the Editor-in-Chief to further the aims of the Journal. Other key responsibilities include:
- Responding to all editorial queries via phone, email, and land mail
- Liaising with authors, providing timely and accurate information as required
- Providing secretariat support to Editorial Board and all-around administration assistance
- Coordinating editorials ensuring issue deadlines are met
- Working collaboratively with the Commissioning Editor, Section Editors, and other stakeholders
- Copy / technical editing; and proof reading
To meet the requirements of this role you must have
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role (professional health care association exp. ideal)
- Tertiary qualification in journalism or English or a related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to best practice ideas, workflow efficiencies and projects
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written (grammar, spelling, punctuation) skills
- Highly developed organisational and admin skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Meticulous attention to detail – abler to deliver high-quality outputs on time and free from errors
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, content management systems and (publishing systems, ideal)
- Experience with both scientific and English editing (ideal)
If you meet the requirements listed above, enjoy working autonomously yet collaboratively, ensuring tasks are competed on time and to a high standard, are able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders, we would like to hear from you, apply now!
Apply at Seek.com.au, please submit your resume and a covering letter (cover letter is essential) outlining how you meet the key requirements of this role.
Click here to download a position description.
For a confidential discussion or more information, contact Anna Hazewinkel 1300 277 633.
Closing Date: Monday, 22 August 2022