Expressions of interest are now being sought for the honorary position of:
EDITORIAL FELLOW (2022) Heart Lung and Circulation.
This new position seeks to provide aspiring researchers and/or clinician-researchers with direct experience of involvement with the Board of Australasia’s specialist journal of cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, with a view to encouraging ongoing scholarship and involvement with academic scientific journals.
The Editorial Fellow will be an honorary member of the Section Editors’ Board for at least one year, attending Editorial Board meetings and other relevant meetings (e.g., the CSANZ Annual Scientific Meeting). Some financial support may be available to attend meetings.
The Editorial Fellow will be introduced to a broad range of relevant experiences available within academic publishing, from initial commissioning to post-publication social media, and will be closely involved with at least one specific journal project (e.g., a Special Issue, a conference presentation and/or co-authorship of an editorial or article for publication in Heart, Lung and Circulation). The Editorial Fellow will receive training in peer review across a range of submissions, and conducting peer review will be an core, ongoing activity in this Position.
- An Australasian-based candidate
- An Advanced trainee or at Post-doctoral level, and/or within 5 years of award of Fellowship or PhD
- Academic authorship experience (i.e., at least one journal publication).
- Membership of relevant Professional Societies (eg, CSANZ, ANZSCTS, ISHR, ACVA)
- Peer review experience.
Interested candidates for the honorary position of Heart, Lung and Circulation Editorial Fellow, 2022, are invited to email an Expression of Interest by Friday 19 November 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A covering note, addressing essential and desirable criteria (see above)
- An attached brief CV, including a list of Publications, and
- An attached Letter of Support from relevant supervisors (e.g., clinical and/or head of laboratory).
Previous applicants are welcome to re-apply.
Fore more information please contact the Editorial Office here: email@example.com