Interventional Cardiologist – Mackay, Queensland
Position Title: Staff Specialist – Interventional Cardiologist
Location: – Mackay Base Hospital, Queensland
Permanent full time: 80 hrs p/ftn.
Cardiac Services at Mackay Base Hospital is currently staffed with 5.0 Cardiologists, 5 Principal House Officers/Registrars (including 1 x Advanced Trainee), 4 Junior House Officers and 2
interns and provides cardiology services to a local population of 190,000. The department is accredited by the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) for cardiology advanced
training status. A wide range of cardiology diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are provided including Echo, TOE with 3D capacity, stress echo, Dobutamine, CTCA, Cardiac MRI, coronary
intervention and pacing device implantation.
- Mandatory possession of a qualification from a recognised tertiary institution and experience appropriate for current registration as a Specialist in Cardiology with the Medical Board of Australia
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
- PPM insertion skill is an advantage
- Recorded competent coronary interventional skills
- Enrolment in and maintenance of ongoing CME program of appropriate governing authority
Mackay Hospital and Health Service (MHHS) offers:
Remuneration value up to $445,437 p.a. comprising salary between $6,888.00 p.f. – $8,733.20 p.f. (L18 – L27), employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%), professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., professional indemnity cover, plus overtime and on-call allowances.
Contact: Dr Michael Zhang
Phone: (07) 4885 7953
To apply online: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-MK354773
Job Ad Reference: MK354773
Closing date: Tuesday, 17 November 2020