Interventional Cardiologist – South East Melbourne, Vic
Position Title: Specialist Interventional Cardiologist
Employment Status: Permanent Full-time
Location: Outer Metropolitan Melbourne, South Eastern region.
Salary: As per organisational Associate service agreement.
Established Cardiology practice requiring Specialist Interventional Cardiologist to join a busy and thriving private practice on a permanent full-time basis. The applicant will be joining our group of Cardiologists who are leaders in their respective Cardiology sub-specialties, with opportunity to provide services to both inpatient and outpatients.
Established in 2000 the practice provides a comprehensive cardiac service to the south eastern region of Melbourne. The practice works closely with both the local public and private hospitals.
The practice is committed to providing the highest standard of medicine incorporating the latest techniques to provide the best possible cardiovascular care and health outcomes.
Mandatory Qualifications / Essential Criteria
- Mandatory possession of a qualification from a recognised tertiary institution and experience appropriate to allow registration as a Specialist in Cardiology with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Applicants must be registered as a Medical Practitioner with the AHPRA.
- Fellowship in Interventional and Structural Cardiology is essential, and international experience is highly desirable.
- Applicant should be able to perform simple and complex coronary interventional procedures (such as Left main stem stenting, Bifurcation PCI, Rotablation atherectomy etc), IVUS, OCT and Intravascular physiology.
- Applicant should be able to perform invasive structural procedures such as Trans-catheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI), Balloon aortic valvuloplasty (BAV), PFO closures etc. and help develop the structural program further.
- Applicant will be actively participating in on-going research programs, and therefore should have a PhD in Cardiovascular medicine, have previous experience in conceptualising / managing clinical trials and experience as a clinical lecturer.
- Applicant to be available for out of hours consultations and participate in the on call roster. Applicants who can re-locate to the area will be given preference.
Applicants: Please forward letter of application and current CV to the practice Coordinator: Georgia@peninsulaheart.com.au
Closing date: Friday 14 March, 2020