Position: Medical Officer Cardiology
- Join the largest tertiary care centre and clinical research facility in New Zealand.
- Professional practice & growth opportunity with a New Zealand lifestyle experience
- Full-time, fixed term role from July 2024 to July 2025
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Applications are invited for a fixed term Medical Officer, Cardiology Department, Auckland City Hospital. This role will provide support to the service at a Registrar level.
You will collaborate with the team, working with our Senior Medical Officer, Registrar and House Officer staff to provide outstanding care to our cardiology inpatient and outpatients. You will also contribute to the provision of acute care on the cardiology wards, referrals and outpatient clinics.
This opportunity would suit anyone interested in a career in cardiology or who wished to gain cardiology experience as part of their overall training.
What’s In It for You:
- Joining a dynamic cardiology service committed to the provision of excellent healthcare for our population.
- Strong links with the regional cardiac surgical program and national heart transplant, ECMO, ACHD and paediatric cardiology programs.
- Opportunities for our staff to expand their practice through quality improvement initiatives, research, education, and developing clinical skills and expertise
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
We are looking for the following requirements:
- PGY3 or greater.
- You must be registered or be eligible for general registration as a Medical Officer with the Medical Council of New Zealand (mcnz.org.nz).
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland Hospital we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national Levels.
Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
Auckland Hospital is a World Class, teaching hospital. We offer a wide range of primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary services to the Northern Region of New Zealand.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply: Please visit the ADHB career website: www.careers.adhb.govt.nz quoting reference number AUC18636. Please submit your CV and Cover letter.
For an initial informal discussion, please contact please contact Sue Skipper, Operations Manager at [email protected]
For help with your online application, please contact Maylaine Cerna , Recruitment Consultant at [email protected] quoting reference number AUC18636.