Travelling Fellowships – American Heart Association
Applications are called for the CSANZ Travelling Fellowships for travel grants to enable investigators to attend the American Heart Association 2019 Scientific Sessions to be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from 16-18 November, 2019. The Fellowships are intended to provide an opportunity for investigators in the early stage of their research career, to present at a major international conference. The Fellowships are valued at $3,000 each.
The conditions are:
- Applicants must be current financial FCSANZ, Associate Members or Affiliate Members of the Cardiac Society, at the time of applying, with preference given to those attending their first meeting.
- Applicants must be a young investigator no more than six years post-award of PhD.
- The work must have emanated from Australia or New Zealand.
- Applicants must have an abstract accepted for presentation at the AHA meeting and must be the first or senior author of the accepted abstract. In some circumstances, consideration may be given to a co-first author or someone who has made a substantial contribution to the work (see item 5).
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter from the supervisor or Director of the laboratory or service from which the work has emanated, clearly detailing the specific contribution made by the applicant towards the work being presented.
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously been awarded CSANZ travelling scholarships.
- Conditions apply to successful applicants not domiciled in Australia or New Zealand.*
- Late applications will NOT be considered.
Applications should be emailed to the Honorary Secretary at email@example.com and must include:
- copy of submitted abstract(s) and AHA notification of acceptance which includes the abstract title and the accepted presentation type
- brief curriculum vitae (maximum 1 page)
- supporting letter from the supervisor or Director
Applications closes: 9 September 2019
Please note: if applicants have not received email confirmation of receipt of their application within 1 week of submission, they should contact the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Contact the Sydney Secretariat to obtain a copy of the conditions (email@example.com)