*NEW* Visiting Medical Officer – Cardiologist – Illawarra & South Coast / Wollongong & The South Coast, NSW
Position Title: Visiting Medical Officer – Cardiologist with interest in Electrophysiology or Heart Failure
Employment Status: Permanent
Location: Illawarra & South Coast / Wollongong & The South Coast, NSW
Closing date: 24/04/2019 – 11:59 PM
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) is looking for a Cardiologist to join the team of multi-disciplinary staff. The primary responsibility for the position is the provision of cardiac services (including pacing) at Wollongong and Shellharbour Hospitals and may be varied as agreed with the Director of Medical Services and as approved via Medical and Dental Appointments Advisory Committee (MDAAC) to other facilities in ISLHD.
- Provision of cardiac services, including pacing services, at Wollongong Hospital, contribution to cardiac services and participation in the on-call general cardiology roster in accordance with clinical privileges (including call backs for pacing wires, pericardiocentesis, urgent echocardiography).
- Undertake a weekly pacemaker implant list at Wollongong Hospital.
- Participate in weekly pacing and defibrillator clinics.
- Provide an accountable and high standard service consistent with the defined scope of clinical practice for ISLHD and all NSW Health Policies and as required by other senior medical staff and the facility.
- Be dedicated to a teamwork philosophy and be able to demonstrate ability to work as a team member within the Department and the broader multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure detailed patient treatment plans are in place to support the timely management of patients and effective clinical handover processes in accordance with facility and ISLHD guidelines.
- Ensure a high standard of clinical record documentation is maintained, including the completion of all clinical records (including medication charts and other orders) to reflect clinical decisions and optimise data collection. Adapt clinical practice in accordance with contemporary evidence based best practice and any clinical protocols as approved by ISLHD from time to time.
Further details can be found here.
Contact person: Astin Lee
Email address: Astin.LEE@health.nsw.gov.au
Online submission: link here