Nurse Manager: Cardiothoracic Surgery & Respiratory Medicine – Melbourne, Victoria
Employment Status: Full Time Ongoing
Classification: Nurse Manager Level 2
The Nurse Manager (NM) position is a clinical leadership role responsible for clinical outcomes and the management of staff at Monash Health.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Operations – Acute Cardiac Inpatient and Ambulatory Services this role will work collaboratively with the Nurse Manager of Ward 32 West, Cardiothoracic and Respiratory departments, MonashHeart and the enitire nursing team to ensure that the cardiac, respiratory and cardiothoracic inpatient services at MMC are delivered to the highest level of patient & family centred care within a framework of multidisciplinary collaboration, efficiency, effectiveness, safety, innovation and education.
This key leadership role will:
- Provide clinical leadership
- Work with key stakeholders including Cardiologists, Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Respiratory consultants, junior medical, nursing, and multidisciplinary staff to ensure Ward 32 and 32 West are managed efficiently, safely and effectively
- Lead, inspire and empower the nursing staff in the unit to deliver efficient, effective and high level of patient & family centred care
- Work in collaboration with the Bed Access and Cardiac Liaison Nurse at MMC to optimise patient flow and the patient and family experience
- In collaboration with the clinical support team and nurse educators develop and lead a robust training / support & professional development program for staff
- Closely liaise with clinical partners to ensure the team continues to develop and evolve with particular attention on the needs of staff and patients and families
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We provide safe, high-quality care to one-quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire lifespan, from pre-birth to end-of-life.
About Ward 32
Ward 32 is a dynamic 40 bed unit that provides cares for cardiothoracic, respiratory and MonashHeart patients.
The ward has eight dedicated high dependency beds, that delivers care for non-invasive ventilation, manages advanced haemodynamic monitoring & inotropic support. Over 35% of nursing staff have post graduate qualifications in critical care nursing.
About our Cardiothoracic & Respiratory Services
Cardiothoracic services at Monash Health are provided by the Cardiothoracic Unit, led by Professor Julian Smith. The Unit operates on over 600 patients per year across the public and private sector making it one of the state’s busiest services. Respiratory Medicine, led By Dr Phil Bardin provide care to over 1000 inpatients per year.
Please note, applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
For further details and to apply click: here.
Closing date: 6/4/2020