Position: Paediatric Cardiologist
Paediatric Cardiologist, Starship Child Health, Auckland, New Zealand
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- National service
- Permanent Full-time position (start date negotiable)
Starship Child Health is the leading provider of paediatric care in New Zealand and the South Pacific, providing world-class inpatient, outpatient, trauma, emergency, and urgent care to children and their whānau. Starship is part of the Auckland District Health Board, New Zealand’s largest tertiary healthcare provider.
We are committed to delivering whānau-centred care that focuses on the needs of the child first and values whānau (family) as an important member of the care team. We seek to lead New Zealand in paediatric service delivery, in the provision of pre and post-graduate nursing education, and through the building of our reputation as a national centre of excellence in paediatrics.
The Green Lane Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Service (PCCS) is a national service based at Starship Children’s Health, Auckland. It is the sole provider of cardiology and cardiac surgical services for infants and children with congenital and acquired heart disease for New Zealand and a number of Pacific Island nations. It also provides a foetal and adult congenital cardiology service.
The unit has a catchment population of five million and provides a full range of investigations and procedures with over 400 surgical cases per year. You would be working in a department with 10 other cardiologists 3 cardiac surgeons, 4 cardiology fellows in training and a well-established multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be qualified as a paediatric cardiologist with a strong subspecialty experience/expertise in imaging and fetal cardiology
- Possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a collegial environment
- Demonstrate interest and potential to actively participate in departmental activities including teaching, audit and research
- be eligible for vocational registration with Medical Council of New Zealand. If you are not currently registered in New Zealand and have overseas medical qualifications, you will be required to provide source verification of your qualifications for your registration application. For more information about the registration process and source verification of qualifications, please visit www.mcnz.org.nz.
For more information about the role please contact Professor Tom Gentles via TomG@adhb.govt.nz
To apply, please click on the link below and make an online application attaching your latest CV and cover letter. For help with your online application, please contact Vickie Shakur, Recruitment Consultant on VickieS@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref # ADHB11125.
Closing date is Saturday 30 October 2021.
New Zealand is a land of outstanding natural beauty and breath taking scenery, with huge opportunity for all outdoor pursuits so is a great place to live, work and have a great work life balance. Auckland is the largest city in NZ and offers a great outdoors experience with beaches, mountains, concerts, sports, shopping, wining and dining. More information about living and working in New Zealand is available on www.newzealandnow.govt.nz
This position is a Core Children’s worker under the Children’s Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
Link to apply: