Provisional Cardiac Physiologist, Wellington, New Zealand
Hutt Hospital, part of Hutt Valley District Health Board is a busy 270 bed general district hospital, serving a population of around 145,000. We provide most secondary services, as well as being the tertiary centre for regional plastic, maxillofacial and burns services, the regional rheumatology and school dental services and the greater Wellington public health and breast screening services.
About the service
We are a team of Cardiac Physiologists/Physiology Technicians dedicated to providing a quality patient focused service to our community. We perform a range of non-invasive diagnostic tests including ECG’s, exercise stress testing, Holter and Event Monitoring and Echocardiography.
About the role:
The role of the Provisional Cardiac Physiologist is to perform cardiac diagnostic tests and monitoring. During training, a Provisional Physiologist will be clinically supervised as they progress through a competency assessment process that will prepare them for practical certification as a Cardiac Physiologist and working independently in a graduated fashion.
The Provisional Physiologist will be expected to obtain the Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Technology (Cardiac) through Otago University Medical School, whilst completing the practical Certification in Cardiac Physiology (CCP).
You will be reporting directly to the Cardiac Physiologist in Charge.
- Perform under supervision high quality diagnostic testing – ECG’s, exercise testing, Holter and Event monitor fitting and analysis
- Undertake and submit all assessments/tests/exams towards the Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Technology (cardiac) and Certificate in Cardiac Physiology on time
- Maintains testing equipment and supplies
Skills and experience:
- BSc in Physiology or other relevant major
- Meet entry criteria for enrolment in Post Graduate Diploma in Cardiac Technology Programme and Certificate in Cardiac Physiology (SCT)
- Be eligible to register as Provisional Physiologist with CPRB
We offer a supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development. This includes; a comprehensive orientation programme, training and study opportunities, and peer support.
Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region, and use of our onsite gym.
How to apply:
Please note: We are unable to accept applications via email.
For further information on this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the vacancy number 8111335-18 and job title in the subject line.