Registered Nurse-Cardiology/ Cardiothoracic,Clayton,Vic
Position Title: Registered Nurse – Cardiology/Cardiothoracic
Location: Monash Heart, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton
- Unique opportunity to work within Australia’s premier Cardiac service
- Be supported in your own professional development
- Seeking accomplished & passionate Registered Critical Care Nurses
About The Role
This is an opportunity to join the highly skilled MonashHeart nursing team. Our nursing staff work between the cardiothoracic/respiratory unit (Ward 32) and the cardiac day ward (32 West). We have developed a highly skilled, agile and resourceful workforce that remains patient centric.
Work within a department focused on providing a positive learning culture. We support post graduate studies with Deakin University, high dependency programs and transition to speciality (TSP) programs. We have two educators and clinical support nurses focused on building capability in all our staff.
With 8 high dependency beds that care for patients post cardiac surgery requiring inotropes, NIV, temporary cardiac pacing you will be supported with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge. We have innovated with the development of a nurse led TOE-DCR program and are focused on nursing innovation.
We are seeking Registered Nurses who have completed a Masters or Postgraduate studies in critical care. Our team is focused on the delivery of evidenced based care and supporting ongoing professional development. We currently have full and part-time roles working across a 24/7 rotating roster.
You Are Also:
- dedicated to safe best practice & quality care
- committed to delivering patient centred care & a patient advocacy
- enthusiastic, compassionate & able to work collaboratively
- excited to be accountable for and manage specific portfolios in our relentless pursuit of excellence
- an advocate of Monash Health’s Strategic Guiding Principles
What You Need:
- A relevant Post Graduate Qualification, in critical care is highly desirable
- Previous cardiac or cardiothoracic experience
- Willingness to take on a portfolio(s) contributing to ward quality improvements and National Standards
- Australian working rights
- Current AHPRA registration
What We Offer:
- access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand your acute clinical skills & knowledge base
- avenues to further develop your leadership & project management skills
- mentorship & career guidance
- support to attend relevant forums & conferences
- a supportive learning environment, should you wish to undertake postgraduate studies
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging to increase your take-home pay, access to onsite staff car parking and gym, uniform and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
Apply NOW to be part of the Cardiothoracic/Respiratory & Cardiac Day Wards!
Closing Date: 4 March, 2020