Position: Senior Medical Officer (Senior Medical Officer (Cardiology – Cardiac Imaging)
Status: Permanent Full-time or Part-time, hrs negotiable up to 80hrs p.f.
Location: Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Birtinya and Nambour General Hospital
We are looking for an exceptional Cardiology consultant specialising in Cardiac Imaging to join our Cardiology department. The Senior Medical Officer (Cardiology – Cardiac Imaging) is responsible for providing high quality Cardiology medical management to patients accessing services across the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service (SCHHS). A subspecialty interest in advanced cardiac imaging (cardiac CT or cardiac MRI) is desirable.
SCHHS is a dynamic health service provider that delivers high-quality cost-effective, innovative healthcare in collaboration with our communities and partners. SCHHS is committed to supporting Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in our population and workforce, and to accommodating differences amongst its patients/consumers, their families and carers, our workers and potential clients.
SCHHS provides a work environment that promotes a healthy balance between work and personal life. Your skills can help us shape the future of healthcare in the Sunshine Coast region.
- Salary comprising of between $90.74 – $114.69 p.h. (p/t) or $7,260- $9,175.30 p.f (f/t)
- Attraction and Retention Allowance up to 50% of base salary
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Professional development allowance
- Professional development leave
- Professional indemnity cover
- Granted private practice arrangements
- Overtime and on-call allowances (paid by exception)
- Annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Possession of a medical degree (MBBS or equivalent) from a registered tertiary institution.
- Current registration (or be eligible for registration) with the Australian Health. Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) to practice as a Specialist in Cardiology.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Physicians or assessment of substantial comparability without the need for supervised practice by the Royal Australian College of Physicians in Specialty of Cardiology.
- It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated/immune against the following Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough), Hepatitis B and COVID 19.
Contact Name: Dr Rohan Poulter
Contact Number: (07) 5202 1069
Job Ad Reference: SC477440
Closing date: Thursday, 13 April 2023
Apply online at Smartjobs here