Position: Senior Registrar Cardiology (Electrophysiology Fellow)
The Electrophysiology Fellowship provides training in Adult Cardiac Electrophysiology, including complex arrhythmia mapping and ablation, and pacing. This will include training in the Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory, Inpatient care and Outpatient assessments. The training is primarily to ensure competency in advanced arrhythmia mapping, catheter ablation and pacing. It is expected that the appointee will undertake a research project.
The position is 4 days per week at the Townsville university Hospital. There will also be scope for supervised private electrophysiology practice at the Mater Hospital, Townsville
What’s on offer?
Fixed Term Temporary Part-time position commencing ASAP up to 12 months, 48 hours per fortnight.
Pro rata remuneration package based on full-time equivalent value of up to $206,233 p.a., comprising base salary range of $69.34 – $76.40 p.h. (L10-L13) or $57.23 – $66.35 p.h. (L4-L9), recreational leave loading (17.5%), and employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%). Vocational Training Program assistance (if applicable).
Why you will love working for us:
Great professional development opportunities
Attractive salary sacrificing options
Shift and locality allowances (if applicable)
Parental leave and flexible working arrangements
Employee assistance and staff wellness programs
Supportive and inclusive workplace environment
About the role
- Perform diagnostic and interventional electrophysiology procedures under Consultant Supervision.
- Co-ordinate clinical activities that enhance quality of the complex cardiac arrhythmia program.
- Supervise and assist Junior Medical Staff in the inpatient Cardiac Units and when appropriate assist patient care in Pacing-ICD clinic with Cardiac scientists and cardiology registrars.
The Cardiac Electrophysiology Service at the Townsville University Hospital was formally established in 2012 and has seen a phenomenal growth in the last 5 years. It is the largest and most equipped electrophysiology unit outside of Southeast Queensland and delivers state of the art care to a large and diverse population. The exclusive electrophysiology lab is equipped with biplane fluoroscopy, twin latest generation 3D electrophysiology mapping systems, intracardiac echo, cryo-balloon, bipolar ablation. The electrophysiology service department performs over 350 electrophysiology ablation and device procedures per year, including atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia including epicardial procedures, cardiac resynchronization, subcutaneous ICD, leadless pacing and His-bundle pacing.
- At least 3 years post-graduate clinical experience in a hospital setting.
- Completion of advanced training for the Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, or equivalent.
- Prior knowledge in principles of electrophysiology, catheter ablation and work experience in pacing will be an advantage.
- Ability to undertake after hours, weekends and on call work.
- Working knowledge in basic statistical analysis principles
It is a condition of employment for all prospective and existing health service employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, as per Health Employment Directive 12/21 (PDF) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70 (PDF)
About the location
Townsville is a vibrant, dynamic city; it is the largest urban centre in Northern Australia and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville offers the perfect laid-back coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of big city living. It is a great place for families, couples and individuals to call home.
Enquiries: Raibhan Yadav (07) 4433 3575
Job Ad Reference: TV396427
For further information or to submit an online application: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV396427
Closing date: Monday, 3 January 2022.