Position: Senior Registrar (Interventional Cardiology Fellow
The primary focus of the role is to work as part of a team of physicians to provide a comprehensive Interventional and General cardiology and teaching service across the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service. Based in Southport.
For further information on our health service, please watch our corporate video:
An opportunity has become available for a Senior Registrar (Interventional Cardiology Fellow) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
- Provide appropriate evidenced based clinical care in the specialty of Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology for both inpatients and outpatients
- Contribute to the vision and development of the service, including working toward achievement and development
- Commitment to continuing professional development by attending relevant seminars and conferences
- Contribute to divisional quality programs and safety
- Ability to provide patient care by displaying personal qualities of respect, politeness, and empathy
To be successful in this position you will require:
- Completion of relevant specialist training in Cardiology and of an Advanced Clinical Fellowship in Interventional cardiology
- Eligibility for registration as a specialist in Cardiology in Australia
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination and achieving a minimum score of 7
- AHPRA Registration
- Evidence of vaccination, or be able to be vaccinated against and remain vaccinated against – Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), hepatitis B and COVID 19
- Tuberculosis screening, to identify if the tuberculosis vaccination may be required
- Declaration of serious discipline history must be disclosed
- Flexible work options
- Career Development
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Research Opportunities
- Up to 12.75% super
- 17.5% leave loading
- Temporary full time (12 months with possibility of extension)
- Base salary ranging from $144 722 – 159 479 per annum
The Cardiac Services at the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service includes a 20 bed cardiology ward, 6 bed CCU and 3 Cardiac Catheter Suites with one being an Electrophysiology Laboratory and the other 2 being Coronary and Structural Laboratories. This service is based in Southport.
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals – Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Secondary and tertiary health services across more than 20 facilities
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
- A workplace culture that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work so that they can perform at their best
- Committed to reflecting the diversity of the Gold Coast community and ensuring each staff member is included and feels like they belong
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application by Tuesday, 2 November 2021.
Job Ad reference: GC389296
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.
***APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY ONLINE***
Microsoft Word (.doc) or PDF file types are supported. Files must be a maximum of 2MB each.