Position : Staff Specialist Cardiologist
Canberra Health Services
- Influential role within a high impact team
- State-of-the-art Acute Cardiac Care Unit and Cath Lab completed in 2024
- Great location within the heart of Canberra
Canberra Health Services are actively recruiting top cardiologists, including welcoming international applicants, for our planned hospital expansion and new CCU, Emergency Department and three new cardiac catheterisation labs.
About Canberra Health Service:
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is a leading provider of high quality, person-centred healthcare in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding regions. We are committed to creating exceptional health care together and being a health service that is trusted by our community. Our values of being Reliable, Progressive, Respectful, and Kind guide everything we do.
About the Department of Cardiology:
The Department of Cardiology is a well-established service with 14 consultant medical staff positions, four Accredited Cardiology Advanced Trainees, and two Unaccredited Cardiology Advanced Trainees, in addition to Basic Physician Trainees and other Junior Medial Officers. They work as part of a large multidisciplinary team including specialist nursing staff, cardiac physiologists, cardiac sonographers, administrative staff and the cardiac rehabilitation team.
We offer clinical cardiac electrophysiology, transoesophageal echocardiography, and stress echocardiography services. Our cardiac CT program and the proposed development of a cardiac MRI program are both part of our ongoing commitment to provide the best care to our patients.
Construction is currently underway for a state-of-the-art expanded acute cardiac care unit, three cardiac catheterisation laboratories, and dedicated procedure room for transoesophageal echocardiography in the Canberra Hospital Expansion Project (scheduled for completion in 2024). This exciting project will allow us to continue to improve and expand the services we offer to our patients.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced cardiologist to join our team. The successful candidate will play a key role in the overall clinical governance of the cardiology unit by contributing their leadership skills. They will work within a multidisciplinary management framework that values all team members, ensuring that everyone’s contributions are recognised and utilised to achieve the unit’s goals. This may include:
- Management of patients referred to the cardiology outpatient clinics, including timely triaging, consultation, diagnosis, reporting and treatment of cardiac conditions (e.g., medical clinics, Holter monitoring, Exercise Stress Testing, Echocardiography and implantable device monitoring).
- Contributing to direct cardiology inpatient care, patient consultation requests from other units and timely ward rounds to ensure patient management is safe, optimal and expedited.
- Assist the Cardiology Unit Directors to ensure appropriate clinical governance mechanisms are in place for the Department.
- Actively engage in quality and safety activities, service redesign, and model of care development for the Department and the Division.
- Contribute to regular teaching and training of Cardiology Advanced Trainees and the multidisciplinary clinical team and promote clinical research within the Cardiology Department.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the organisation
As a Staff Specialist we will also expect that you:
- Have demonstrated significant clinical experience
- Have demonstrated ability to provide leadership to colleagues through either clinical or administrative means
- Have gained demonstrable experience and attained such ability in the relevant speciality that is acceptable to CHS, to justify a recommendation for advancement to Senior Specialist by the Review Panel
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to undertake duties and responsibilities deemed by CHS as those expected of a Senior Specialist
- Be able to demonstrate that you are performing at a level consistent with this competency framework.
You can find more detailed information about the position and health service via the website linked below:
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please reach out to our leading consultants from Alumni Global:
Chris Davies, Managing Director – firstname.lastname@example.org – 0477 010 023
Laurence Sims, Principal Consultant – email@example.com – 0456 789 856