The CSANZ complies with new, national privacy legislation The Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2001, effective 21 December 2001.
Personal and sensitive information already submitted by this date or collected after this date will be regarded as confidential and will be disclosed ONLY under the following conditions:
For Members, applicants for Membership and abstract submitters:
- for the purposes of processing Membership application;
- for purposes of identifying status as Member or Applicant for Membership of the CSANZ;
- for the purposes of processing an abstract submission;
- for purposes of promoting scientific meeting(s), in particular the CSANZ’s Annual Scientific Meeting;
- for purposes of forwarding educational information;
- inclusion in the Directory of Members;
- to other CSANZ Members for a purpose approved by the CSANZ;
- for any purpose deemed of interest to Members by the CSANZ;
a) It is not possible to become a Member of the CSANZ without providing the personal information requested.
b) Not all information relating to an individual is defined as “personal” under the Act. Personal information is that which identifies or reasonably identifies an individual;
Those who have provided personal information will have access to the CSANZ’s record of their personal information.
Personal information, as defined by the legislation, about Members, Applicants or individuals submitting abstracts may only be provided if the person has authorised the CSANZ to provide it for a purpose covered by the authority given.
You may cancel this authorisation at any time but can only give authorisation by signing and returning the Membership Information Sheet forwarded with the annual subscription notice.
Members are entitled to check the accuracy of their personal details at any time and update to ensure that they are complete and accurate.