Please read below how The Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ) uses social media and sets out the obligations on users of the CSANZ’s social media platforms.
Contributions by the CSANZ
- Information posted by the CSANZ is not intended to be professional advice and should not be relied upon by any person. Such information is not intended to replace consultation with an appropriately qualified professional or provider.
- Website links from the CSANZ social media platforms are for the benefit of our Members and, unless otherwise stated, the CSANZ does not endorse, nor is the CSANZ responsible, for the content of external websites.
- To the extent permitted by law, the CSANZ is not liable to any person for losses of any kind (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss) in connection with any material posted by the CSANZ or other users on the CSANZ’s social media platforms.
Contributions by users
- Any posts by users on the CSANZ’s social media platforms (including, without limitation, Facebook, Twitter and the CSANZ website) represent the thoughts of those users and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of the CSANZ, its directors, officers, employees or affiliates nor do they in any way bind the CSANZ.
- The CSANZ may take such action as it considers appropriate in respect of the content posted on all of its social media platforms and reserves the sole right to review, edit and/or delete any and all comments including, without limitation:
(a) Content that is obscene, offensive or unreasonably provocative.
(b) Abusive or hurtful comments about other individuals in the online community or deliberately inflammatory or unfairly critical remarks about the CSANZ, its directors, officers, employees or affiliates.
(c) Content that may defame or infringe the intellectual property rights of any person or that may breach any confidentiality obligations.
(d) Posts that violate the privacy of any person including the release of personal information about others such as names, addresses or phone numbers, or posts that may breach any privacy laws or related legislation.
(e) Any activities that are for commercial or other personal financial gain.
(f) Posts that are unrelated to the current topic (including the promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organisations and programs not related to or affiliated with the CSANZ).
(g) Content that can be confused with official communications from the CSANZ.
(h) Content that may be otherwise unlawful (for example, misleading or deceptive statements that may breach relevant consumer laws, inciting illegal behaviour or making threatening statements).
(i) Content that may contain or link to malicious or harmful software or websites.
- While the CSANZ makes reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its social media platforms, you acknowledge and agree that we are not obliged to do so and that we cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information or to remove content.
- Upon submission of content to any of the CSANZ social media platforms, it is understood and acknowledged that this information is available to the public. It is further understood and acknowledged that the CSANZ has no control over the use that other participants may make of the information that other users have posted on any of the CSANZ social media sites. You acknowledge and agree that the CSANZ will not be liable in respect of such content or its subsequent use.
- If a person posts any material to the CSANZ’s social media platforms that relates to the CSANZ, then that person automatically grants the CSANZ a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable and perpetual licence to use, modify, delete, display and reproduce that material.