Cardiologist – Wollongong, NSW
Position Title: Visiting Medical Officer Cardiologist
Employment Status: Temporary for 8 months with possible extension, up to 3 days per week on average.
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) is looking for a Cardiologist to join the team of multi-disciplinary staff. The primary responsibility for the position is the provision of cardiac services (including pacing) at Wollongong and Shellharbour Hospitals.
- Provision of cardiac services at Wollongong Hospital and participation in the on-call general cardiology roster (including call backs for pacing wires, pericardiocentesis, urgent echocardiography).
- Undertake a weekly pacing list at Wollongong Hospital (when requested by Director of Cardiology).
- Undertake a weekly heart failure clinic at Wollongong Hospital (when requested by Director of Cardiology).
- Undertake clinical duties in a professional, timely, and responsible manner.
- Professionally responsible for direct patient care (including inpatients, outpatients, and consultations).
- Provide clinical supervision and teaching of undergraduate and post graduate medical staff.
- Ensure efficient and effective communication with the patient’s other health care providers, and family/carers.
- Support and participate in cardiology services at Shellharbour Hospital.
Wollongong Hospital is a busy tertiary referral centre for the Illawarra and Shoalhaven Local Health District (serving a population of approx. 450,000). There are 4 EDs and 1 acute care centre in the district. Wollongong Hospital has a 6-bedded Coronary Care Unit and a step-down unit. The Hospital is accredited for basic physician and advanced cardiology training (with 2 Advanced Trainees and 2 Basic Physician Trainees). It has 2 cath labs and currently, only pacemakers and loop recorders are implanted with complex devices and electrophysiology planned for the future. Wollongong Hospital has a strong affiliation with the University of Wollongong and supports the training of Nursing, Medical and Allied Health staff.
This position may require a current NSW EPA Radiation Licence.
Enquiries about this position from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. Candidates interested in this position must make their own enquiries and submit their own application.
An eligibility list will be created for future Temporary/Permanent Full-Time and Part-Time positions.
For role related queries or questions please contact Dr Astin Lee on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 13 January 2019. To apply for the position please follow this link.