Position Title: Consultant Cardiologist
A very busy established cardiology clinic at Wetherill park Stockland Mall and Yagoona needs a full time Cardiologist – open from 8am till 11pm.
Fully equipped rooms with Philips products including Stress Echo, holter monitors, BP Monitor. Also we have Cardiac Technicians and RNs to support your work.
Excellent income, and our existing Cardiologists are booked for up to 2 months in advance.
Email your CV to email@example.com
For further discussion, call Dr George Al-Horani on 0477 477 477
Position Title: Project Manager (Clinical Trials)
Employment Status: part-time, full-time
Location: Perth CBD, Royal Perth Hospital
- Based at Royal Perth Hospital managing complex clinical trials across Australia
- Level 10 appointment on a fixed basis to March 2024 with the possibility of extension
- Salary: $121,255 increasing to $123,273 in Feb 2020 plus 17% superannuation
- Project funded from a five-year MRFF research grant
- Full-time or part-time options considered
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
The UWA Medical School is a large School within the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences. This position is primarily based at the Royal Perth Hospital Medical Research Foundation Campus. Core priorities include clinical research into cardiovascular disease.
The main project you will be involved with is The Early valve replacement in severe asymptomatic Aortic Stenosis (EASY AS) trial. This addresses a fundamental unresolved question in cardiology: the relative benefits of early aortic valve replacement versus watchful waiting in asymptomatic patients with severe aortic valve stenosis. This will randomise 2,844 patients with severe but asymptomatic aortic stenosis to early valve replacement or a conventional, guideline recommended, strategy of close observation with valve replacement if symptoms develop. It is anticipated that at least 400 of these patients will be randomised in Australia, funded by the Medical Research Future Fund.
Reporting to the Associate Professor and Clinical Professor, you will manage the Australian arm of a large multi-centre and multi-national (currently Australia, New Zealand and UK) clinical trial. You will be directly supporting the principal investigators and project team in all aspects of conduct and implementation of the clinical trial, as well as establishing and leading communication with internal and external stakeholders, including physicians, research nursing staff and trial participants. You will also manage recruitment, training and allocation of resources, a Clinical Trial Project Officer and/or Research Assistant, ensuring milestones are achieved. In addition, you may also have the opportunity to provide support to other clinical research projects being run locally, working with colleagues based at Royal Perth Hospital, other large metropolitan hospitals within Perth and at the Western Australian Health Translation Network (WAHTN) Clinical Trials Centre at Curtin University.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Extensive relevant management experience in the conduct, implementation or management of clinical trials
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to consult and liaise effectively with a diverse range of people and a wide variety of people with cross cultural sensitivity
- Demonstrated close attention to detail and evidence of ability to adhere strictly to protocol and working guidelines
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively as a member of, and manager, of a small team of project staff
- Demonstrated decision making skills and the ability to solve problems discretely by using innovation and exercising diagnostic skills within areas of functional responsibility or professional expertise
- Demonstrated close attention to detail and evidence of ability to adhere strictly to protocol and working guidelines
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, internet and email
- Ability to supervise staff
- Clinical expertise in an area of research aligned with cardiovascular medicine or aligned allied Health discipline is desirable.
For further information regarding this opportunity please contact Professor Graham Hillis, Head of the Department of Cardiology, on +61 8 9224 3180 or Graham.Hillis@health.wa.gov.au.
Closing date: Sunday, 8 December 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Summary and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Position Title: Visiting Medical officer – Cardiologist with interest in Electrophysiology or Heart Failure
Employment Type: Temporary appointment up to 5 years, sessional
VMO Hours: Up to 800 hours per annum, in addition to hours arising from participation in a rotating On-Call roster.
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) is looking for a Cardiologist to join the team of multi-disciplinary staff. The primary responsibility for the position is the provision of cardiac services (including pacing) at Wollongong and Shellharbour Hospitals and may be varied as agreed with the Director of Medical Services and as approved via Medical and Dental Appointments Advisory Committee (MDAAC) to other facilities in ISLHD.
- Provision of cardiac services, including pacing services, at Wollongong Hospital, contribution to cardiac services and participation in the on-call general cardiology roster in accordance with clinical privileges (including call backs for pacing wires, pericardiocentesis, urgent echocardiography).
- Undertake at least a weekly pacemaker implant list at Wollongong Hospital.
- Participate in weekly pacing, defibrillator, and heart failure clinics.
- Provide an accountable and high standard service consistent with the defined scope of clinical practice for ISLHD and all NSW Health Policies and as required by other senior medical staff and the facility.
- Be dedicated to a teamwork philosophy and be able to demonstrate ability to work as a team member within the Department and the broader multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure detailed patient treatment plans are in place to support the timely management of patients and effective clinical handover processes in accordance with facility and ISLHD guidelines.
- Ensure a high standard of clinical record documentation is maintained, including the completion of all clinical records (including medication charts and other orders) to reflect clinical decisions and optimise data collection. Adapt clinical practice in accordance with contemporary evidence based best practice and any clinical protocols as approved by ISLHD from time to time.
Hospital is a busy tertiary referral centre for the Illawarra and Shoalhaven
Local Health District (serving a population of approx. 450,000). There are
4 EDs and 1 acute care centre in the district.
Wollongong Hospital has a 6-bedded Coronary Care Unit and a step-down unit. The Hospital is accredited for basic physician and advanced cardiology training (with 2 Advanced Trainees and 2 Basic Physician Trainees). It has 2 cath labs and currently, only pacemakers and loop recorders are implanted with complex devices and electrophysiology planned for the future.
Basic Electrophysiology, AICD insertion, and left atrial appendage closure are currently being performed at Wollongong Private Hospital and accreditation there can be facilitated for the successful applicant.
For role related queries or questions contact Dr Astin Lee on firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 13 January 2020.
Enquiries about this position from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. Candidates interested in this position must make their own enquiries and submit their own application.
Position Title: Cardiologist (General)
Location: Bendigo, VIC
We are seeking a Cardiologist to join our private Cardiology Practice in Central Victoria.
Central Victorian Cardiology is the largest private Cardiology practice
in Central Victoria, with a team of 3 Cardiologists and a dedicated staff of
34, including Cardiac Technologists, Cardiac nursing staff and administration
With principal locations in Bendigo (St John of God Hospital ) and
Echuca, Central Victorian Cardiology also services many regional areas
including, Cohuna, Kerang, Swan Hill, Deniliquin, Kyabram, Heathcote,
Strathfieldsaye, Castlemaine and Kyneton.
Central Victorian Cardiology provides a comprehensive patient service
- General Cardiology consulting, and interventional work,
- Echocardiography including stress and transoesophageal studies,
- A comprehensive pacemaker service including implantation,
- EP service
- Holter monitoring and ECGs
- Tilt table testing.
Central Victorian Cardiology enjoys close professional relationships
with St John of God Hospital Bendigo and the Bendigo Health Care Group.
Both have modern Catheter lab suites.
A well established patient base will provide excellent opportunities to
enjoy a very successful and rewarding career with excellent remuneration.
Joining a team of 3 Cardiologists and experienced senior
Technologists you will you will feel appropriately supported.
With flexibility to support your preferred lifestyle, the structure of
your appointment can be negotiated to suit.
Applicants must hold registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist in Cardiology. Preference will be given to those wishing to relocate to Bendigo.
Please forward any queries to Dr Tony Jackson
or applications to
Trevor Aicken, Manager,
Position Title: Cardiologist
Location: Adelaide, SA
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cardiologist to join
our private practice at one of five sites across Adelaide.
Join our team of gastroenterologists, general & upper GI
surgeons, sleep and respiratory physicians, vascular surgeons and neurologists,
as well as a range of visiting specialties. You can choose your own days and
hours, working around other private or public work you may be doing.
As an associate practitioner you receive:
- Full professional administration support from our customer-focused team, including:
- patient appointment bookings,
- answering of telephone calls,
- typing services,
- patient billing and bad debt collection, and
- receiving payments and receipting.
- Stationery and business cards.
- After hours service for patients.
- A state-of-the-art clinical management program.
- A channel for cross-referrals to and from other specialists in the group.
Find out more about us at www.sagroup.net.au
Contact Details: Sylvia Andersons (Group General Manager) on 0499 974 710 or email: email@example.com.
Applications close 31 December 2019.
Position Title: Cardiologist or Cardiologist / General Physician
Employment Status: Part time or Full time position
Location: Mildura, VIC
Mildura Cardiology provides general cardiology consulting,
echocardiography including stress and transoesophageal studies, CT coronary angiography,
nuclear cardiology and a full complement of pacing/ICD services including
implantation. Cardiac MRI is planned. Mildura does not have cardiac
catheterisation facilities so an interventional background is not required.
Mildura has two hospitals, Mildura Base and Mildura Private
Hospitals, and a branch of Monash University medical school. We work closely
with each, and also have excellent relations with a number of hospitals in
Melbourne and Adelaide.
We host a Cardiology Registrar on 6 monthly rotations from
The Alfred in Melbourne.
There will be opportunity for teaching, research and
Mildura is located in north western Victoria and borders the
Murray River. We see patients from a large geographical area including adjacent
New South Wales and South Australia. Mildura is serviced by a busy airport, with
three commercial airlines offering flights to and from Melbourne, Adelaide and
elsewhere. A range of industries is based here and the region has a variety of
private and public schools, TAFE, La Trobe University Campus, and Monash
University School of Rural Health. There is an extensive choice of affordable
Applicants must hold FRACP or be close to completing fellowship, and be eligible for registration with AHPRA.
The structure and terms of appointment will be agreed by negotiation.
Please email Raelene Johns – firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 03 50238111
Position Title: Specialist Cardiologist
Employment Status: Permanent Part time or Full time position
Location: North Brisbane, QLD
Applications are invited from qualified cardiologists to
join a busy and highly successful Cardiology practice in North Brisbane.
Spread across St Vincent Northside/ North West Hospital/ Caboolture
Private with busy referral patterns from regional sites our practice is keen to
continue growing and invites interest from competent and enthusiastic
cardiologists to join us. There is ample
support from our administrative and technical teams to quickly build up a
rewarding practice with us.
We are seeking Cardiologists
who specialise in General Cardiology, Heart Failure/ Electrophysiology and
Pacing / Cardiac Imaging to join us. There will be opportunity to practice across
any of our sites. We offer onsite cardiac testing at
each of our locations (including echo, stress echo and Holter monitoring), and
have an expanding network of referring GPs ensuring a steady flow of new
Our goal is to provide world-class care using
state-of-the-art facilities for both cardiac investigation and treatment. High
level interpersonal and communication skills and a track record of working
harmoniously and collaboratively in a team environment are essential
prerequisites for this role.
You will join
a group of cardiologists in this busy and thriving practice. You will benefit
from an established referral network with an immediate referral base. Working
within an established practice presents a genuine opportunity for you to enjoy
a rewarding career with long-term prospects and excellent financial
hours are offered to support your lifestyle and public hospital or research commitments.
The structure of your appointment will be agreed by negotiation.
This will be attractive and the associate will keep a generous percentage of
billings. A pathway to equity can be negotiated after 2 years.
Applicants must be registered as a Medical Practitioner
with the AHPRA and must hold FRACP including advanced training and specialist
recognition as a cardiologist.
Please forward your expression of Interest and CV to Lissa Duncan at email@example.com.
Position Title: Cardiologist – Heart Failure and Pacing
Employment Status: Permanent Position
Location: Bunbury and South West Region
Due to the continued development of our network, we are
currently seeking a Cardiologist on a permanent basis for our Bunbury and South
West practice. We have an opportunity for a cardiologist with a sub-specialty
within heart failure and pacing to provide services to both inpatients and
Your career goals will align with our vision of
“innovating healthcare transforming lives” and you will personally contribute
to the network’s ongoing success as a Cardiologist in a cohesive group practice
As a Cardiologist you will be offered the following:
- Work in a group of practices with nationally and
internationally recognised clinical leaders
- Opportunity to develop sub-specialty interests and
expertise by virtue of a true group practice model
- Work life balance; contributing in a collegiate group
with structured holiday and on-call cover
- Guaranteed income plus performance incentives to build
- Long term wealth creation opportunities through equity
- Registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Physicians including advanced training and specialist recognition as a Cardiologist
- Eligible for a Medicare Provider Number for the provision of rebatable specialist services
Further details can be found here.
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their CV to Brendon Ball (General Manager – Cardiology Western Australia) or email Brendon.firstname.lastname@example.org